Today we're critiquing the blog, Kitchen Stewardship, which is all about, as the tag line says, "Finding the Balance: Nutrition, Environment, Time, Money and Faith." Recent posts include 5 Reasons I Love Apple Season, a recipe for Katie’s Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing, and Release Your Fear of Fats. Blogger Katie would like you to respond to the following questions:
- Design: I feel like I need a professional design other than a basic Wordpress theme. Is this necessary? What should change/stay the same?
- Posts/Content: Length? Do they do a good job drawing the reader in within the first few sentences? Do they make you want to stay? Are you tempted to click around to other links?
- RSS feed: easy enough to find?
- Sidebars: should I have two on opposite sides? What is there that shouldn't be? What changes can I make to my "news" to make it more eye-catching?
- How to use Twitter to best advertise my blog...
- Is the site easy to navigate? Can you find what you need?
- Should posts be truncated on the homepage so that you can see more of them with a quick scan, but have to click on each one to read it in its entirety?
- Tips for increasing readership/clicks/subscribers? I've been blogging since February 2009 and at my own domain since April. I'm approaching 100,000 hits since that time, have 600 subscribers and average about 1000 hits a day. Some days fluctuate a lot, though. How can I increase this number?